Monday 19 May 2008

Henry: I Don't Know If Pep Wants Me


The French star's future has been the subject of continuous rumours after a season that has seen him struggle to live up to the expectations at Camp Nou and has been linked with a move back to England.

Frank Rijkaard's departure means that Henry must now wait and see what Guardiola wants to do with him, although he explained that he knows the incoming coach.

"We have met on quite a few occasions and are used to talking with each other, but I do not know what he wants to do or if he counts on me or how he would play me," he said.

Henry has been played on the left side of the three-pronged Barça attack and has had to revise his game to suit the slower tactics of the Balugrana and that has seen him fail to reproduce the form he showed at Arsenal.

Injuries have also hampered his campaign and that has meant that press have stated that teams such as Newcastle United and Aston Villa are considering offering him a route back to the Premier League.

Instead of reading all the speculation and rumours, however, Henry plans to enjoy his summer break and then focus on Euro 2008 before considering what his next step will be when he returns.

"I will ignore everything that is being said in the next few weeks. I have three years left on my contract and at the moment I am a Barça player," he continued.

"Later on, if I do not enter in to the plans of the club then that would be the moment to look again at things."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

No comments:

How much do you like Henry?